Here's the ultimate question: What else are you going to do? There are zero other racing events of any consequence, this weekend, and the "Super" Bowl isn't till next week.
I know they're not Indycars, and I know it's a ridiculously loooong "race," but here are just a few reasons why you should watch the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona (random order):
- It's one of the top 5 greatest automobile races on the planet
- This year is the 50th anniversary
- There are 20-something current or former Indycar drivers participating (Dario, Montoya, Briscoe, Golden Graham, Pruett, RHR, Max, and many more!)
- It's the unofficial kick-off of the U.S. racing calendar
- The DP pigs have been beautifully redesigned
- It will definitely, maybe be sunny there
I'd overwhelm you with an impressive list of deets, here, but the crack staff over at SPEED, of course, is ON IT. Everything you'd ever want to know going into the Rolex is right here, but this will get the wheels turning: Broadcast of the 50th Rolex at Daytona begins Saturday at 2:30 p.m eastern on SPEED.
Promise. You'll get something out of it, or your money back!